Why Aren’t My Affirmations Working?
This is one of the biggest questions we deal with in our spiritual coaching practice, as well as when we are teaching classes in the field. There is a common frustration among people who feel like they aren’t getting the results they expect through their affirmation process. We created a worksheet we use with people to help them identify the root causes of ineffective results — because, of course, Truth Principles are ALWAYS working!!
- Root causes that can create the appearance that things aren’t working include:
- Deep rooted beliefs that conflict with our affirmations;
- Incorrect understanding of Truth Principles;
- Mismatch between our affirmations and our actions;
- Not making use of all the spiritual practices at our disposal;
- Not being “ready,” at the level of Consciousness, to manifest what it is we are working on.
Here are a few of the questions from our Coaching Worksheet that may help you take a look at your affirmations, and become more effective in using them.
Write our the affirmation you are using, and a brief paragraph responding to the question: why do you feel this affirmation is not working for you?
What beliefs do you hold about the issue? (i.e., if it related to money, what are your beliefs about money, being rich, how difficult it is to get money, etc.)
At a gut level, what fears or attachments are driving your need for this affirmation?
Do you have any forgiveness work to do?
Reflect on what you have learned about yourself during this process, and create a spiritual practice to help you move to a higher level of understanding and experience (using tools such as gratitude journal, meditation, joy, affirmative prayer, denials and affirmations, forgiveness, etc.)