This activity is designed to help you become familiar with the fact that you have Four Functions of Consciousness:
- Thinking: Formulating process known as the intellect; analytical.
- Feeling: The experience of emotional reactions from within, fueled by your thoughts and beliefs.
- Sensing: Gathering information from our five senses.
- Intuiting: A direct inner knowing (some call it the 6th sense!)
When you find yourself in a situation that requires you to make a decision, take some reflection time to ask yourself four questions:
- What am I thinking right now?
- What am I feeling right now?
- What am I sensing right now?
- What am I intuiting right now?
As you look at your decision-making process and typical reaction to situations, identify which of these Four Functions of Consciousness is your dominant preferred style. Then explore the other ways in which you could handle things, using your less dominant functions.
BONUS TIP: Notice which of the four do not come easily. Then find ways to strengthen those particular functions. (For example, to strengthen your Thinking Function, play with Logic puzzles.)