December 31-Day Challenge: “Give the Gift Of …”
December is a month that can become overwhelming and stressful, as we combine year-end business wrap-up with holiday activities, sprinkled with creating gift lists, cooking more than usual, decorating, and tackling overcrowded malls to do our shopping. Whatever way you choose to celebrate the holiday season, it usually involves an over-abundance of additional activities.
That’s why we wanted to create a special challenge for the month of December, designed to refocus your thinking and ground you in the power of a Giving Consciousness. We have created our first annual “Give the Gift of …” 31-day Challenge!
How to Take the Challenge:
For every day in December, we have identified a rather vague and undefined focus area. Your challenge is to:
- Decide what the focus area means to you.
- Throughout the day, find as many ways as possible to give, based on how you defined the focus area.
- Your goal is to find a least one opportunity to give, from the awareness of your defined focus area, for every waking hour of the day!
We encourage you to keep a journal, where every day you record the ways you found to give, along with your emotions and experiences. Here are some self-reflection questions to help you get the most out of the experience:
- How many different ways did you find to give? Did you find your “definition” of the focus area changing?
- What was the most unique?
- What was the most fun?
- What was the most challenging?
- How did this Giving Challenge affect you emotionally? What impact did you notice it having on those around you? How did it affect you from a spiritual perspective?
- What lessons can you take away from this activity that will stay with you as you move forward into 2019?
Never forget this powerful Truth: The greatest and most powerful gift you can ever give is the gift of yourself!
May this be an incredibly enlightening and empowering month of giving, as you walk the spiritual path on practical feet!